Wednesday, August 26, 2009

365 Project - DAY 26


My Daughter

You'll never really know, my dear,
Just how much you mean to me,
A mother's love, buried so deep,
That only my heart can see.

When I sit and really stare at you,
All I can do is grin,
Somewhere down deep inside,
I see myself within.

I'd never change a thing in you,
I thank God that your so fine,
Even when your at your worst,
I'm so proud that you are mine.

The roads we have traveled,
were not always that good,
I would take back all the pain you've felt,
Only if I could.

I know that I'm not perfect,
It's the best that I can do,
But everyday, I thank the lord,
For a daughter as special as you.

poem by Janet Jenkins


2 comments:

  1. thanks, I think so too! ;) She's always so shy and doesn't fully realise how beautiful she is (and that makes her even more beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to receive feedback! Thank you!