Monday, February 1, 2010

365 Project - Day 184

On the 25th of January I ordered a Lightscoop: http://www.lightscoop.com/buynow.html and today it arrived safe and sound in Germany! I have been busy testing it out and I must say that I am IMPRESSED! It slips nicely on the hot shoe and has a little mirror that directs the light from the pop up flash onto a ceiling or wall so that the subject is lit up from the reflected light and not from a bright flash blinding them! How great is that especially for the sensitive eyes of babies or small children!?

Just to show the difference clearly, here is a straight out of the camera shot (no editing done) using the normal pop up flash:
 

and here is a straight out of the camera shot using the Lightscoop: 

The picture at the top of the post is an edited version of this last picture. I have adjusted the curves, added a bit of contrast and cropped the picture. I love that using the Lightscoop lights up the subject without leaving the purple pin point lights in the eyes and without the harsh shadows of the normal pop up flash AND no more blinding light!!

1 comment:

It's always so nice to receive feedback! Thank you!