Thursday, January 28, 2010

365 Project - Day 180




Take a good look at the above picture. Do you like it? Is the quality of the picture ok? Do you want to see what it looked like straight out of my camera?



If you've been following my blog at all, you know that I am big fan of photoshop and firmly believe that a decent picture plus photoshop can produce WOW! results!

This was my challenge I set for myself today. I took a picture of Niklas from a dark hallway with him sitting in front of a window and I used no flash. I knew that his face would be dark and I wanted to see how much I would be able to "rescue" this picture.

This is the result of the first stage of my editing:


From here, I ran a great action on it, "AMP Pastel Skies" (Amy creates some fantastic actions!), tweaked some of the settings and ended up with a picture light years away from what originally came out of my camera. It's not going to win me any prizes, but I love being able to "rescue" pictures and just think what photoshop can do if you start off with an amazing picture straight out of your camera!!

2 comments:

  1. Photoshop is an amazing tool! What an adorable little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I like what you did there. I'm not very good at photoshop, but I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to receive feedback! Thank you!