Wednesday, May 12, 2010

365 Project - Day 280 What is Lightscribe?

I have to admit that I had never really heard of lightscribe before about a week ago.

As I get more and more prepared to enter the business side of photography, I was doing some thinking about how the CDs look that I hand out to my clients after a shoot. Let's face it, getting a CD hand written with a CD marker just doesn't look that professional (and not very pretty either!). My husband mentioned lightscribe to me awhile ago and it went in one ear and out the other... who knew what that was?? About a week ago as I was again complaining about how I hated the look of a handwritten CD for my pictures, he mentioned lightscribe again. I still didn't really understand what it was but I googled it and saw some of the pictures and it started to dawn on me, that this lightscribe was something pretty interesting!!

For those of you as clueless as I was, here is a link that might shed some insight: http://www.lightscribe.com/gettingstarted/index.aspx?id=95

I paid a visit to Amazon.de and decided to order an external DVD burner with lightscribe: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001ECT5K4/ref=oss_product. I also ordered the CDs I need in order to use lightscribe. Today was testing day! And I have to say that I am very impressed by the results:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to receive feedback! Thank you!